26 October 2012

Fashion-Envy: Late 1910's House Dress (CP)

Here's another top-contender for dresses I'd love to remake. This one is actually almost within my budget, and it's already a reproduction, but there's just something so gosh-durned awesome about making a dress yourself, especially when I can tailor it to my exact fit.
undefined
I'd love to do this one with hand-embroidered detail at the cuffs, modesty-panel and hem. I wish I had a better photo of it. The neckline is my favorite. 
Edit: I have started work on a dress very similar to this one. I turned it into a wrapped blouse and drafted it all myself, using some diagrams from historical patterns as reference, and as of this morning it is nearly done! I'll be posting some in-progress photos, as well as some finished shots asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment